The Top Reasons for you to join NAPM of Southern Colorado
(an affiliate of the Institute for Supply Management)
- It's great for your purchasing and supply management career
As an active participant you can learn more about our great profession.
- Recognition for being a leader in the purchasing and supply management field
Be recognized with your employer for your commitment! The top staff are those who continually sharpen their professional "saw". This is what we are about.
- Dinner is included, as well as CPSM Training Assistance
All of our monthly dinner meetings are part of your membership. We also have pre-meeting training sessions that are designed to help you prepare for taking CPSM certification exams, most taught by members who have earned their C.P.M. or CPSM. There is no better time to improve your education and future than now!
- Free Training Included (ISM Webinars)
ISM Webinars are free. Great one hour training opportunities via your computer!
- A network of peers to lean on for ideas, resources, and fun
Let's face it, sometimes your staff and execs just don't understand how great you are and what a great thing you are doing for the company. We do! And, we can help you be even better.
- Professional and career development, network and opportunites
Gone are the days of a lifetime at the same company for most people. We want to aid you in keeping your position longer and preparing you for your future role in the purchasing and supply management field. Many of our members found their next position through the affiliate. (See Menu Item "Career Benefits" for Jobs now Available)
As part of your local affiliate membership, you are a full member in ISM™ giving you access to:
- Inside Supply Management?
Our monthly magazine contains national and international information on new trends and developments in the profession plus insightful "how-to" articles. The magazine is published exclusively for ISM members.
- Manufacturing and Non-Manufacturing ISM Report on Business? (ROB)
Published in Inside Supply Management?, our monthly survey of purchasing statistics is the first of its kind. It's considered by many economists to be the most reliable, near-term economic barometer available today.
- Unlimited Access to ISM's Web Site
Unlock the possibilities of this valuable research tool. Members can search an extensive database for information and articles on supply management issues, take part in professional forums, contact their local affiliates or other related organizations, and learn about ISM's assortment of educational products and services. Members also have access to:
- The Online Career Center - where you can search a database of employment listings from across the country, post your resume for organizations to see, or take advantage of other career-enhancing tools.
- The ISM Online InfoCenter - members can search an expansive articles database via the Internet, access the Frequently Asked Questions table, search ISM's Bid Specifications Database, and take advantage of free Resource Guides.
- National Waste Network
National Waste Network (NWN) is a business exchange that serves the solid waste industry. With a database of more than 12,000 solid waste collection companies in the United States, NWN is able to match your particular needs with information from their database of collection companies based on a variety of criteria provided by you. NWN claims an average savings of 18% for customers they have serviced in the past.
- Purchasing Advocate
No one understands better than ISM how purchasing affects the bottomline. One of our objectives is to promote the purchasing profession. Members have access to all ISM printed and electronic materials to help promote purchasing within the organizational infrastructure. We can help you communicate your value-added contributions to the senior management of your organization.
- C.P.M. and CPSM Programs
The Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) and new Certified Professional Supply Manager (CPSM) programs focuses on the managerial, administrative, and strategic, as well as tactical aspects of the purchasing and materials management function. Both programs are designed for those working in any of the major private, public, or non-profit work sectors. Both programs are administered by ISM and members receive discounts on exams and study materials.
Acquire new skills in planning, managing, and organizing while developing your leadership potential. There are many opportunities to participate on affiliate or national committees. Only ISM members can participate on committees.
- Special Interest Groups and Forums
Gain a deeper understanding of your purchasing specialty and develop valuable connections across the U.S. when you join an ISM special interest group or forum. ISM has groups in interest areas ranging from materials management to health care providers, to federal acquisitions. Only through ISM can you participate in the ISM special interest groups or forums.
- CAPS Research
ISM members receive full access to purchasing-related research studies and benchmarks free from CAPS, the only national not-for-profit research center in purchasing and materials management. CAPS sponsors three international roundtables throughout the year in North America, Europe, and Asia. Participants include more than one hundred Fortune 500 companies.
- Seminar Discounts
Enhance your professional development and job performance when you enroll in ISM seminars taught by experienced instructors. Over 90 seminars are conducted annually throughout the United States; intensive, one-week purchasing management programs are also conducted at selected universities. Members save up to $200 on each two-day seminar and $400 on each management program. Our webinars address different purchasing/supply management issues and are offered monthly throughout the year. This live program allows you to interact with speakers and peers without leaving your city or affiliate area, which also saves you or your employer on travel expenditures.
- Professional Development Resources
Over 80 different audio/video programs and over 50 different books to choose from. All programs are designed to heighten your acumen in a variety of subjects, including: global sourcing, negotiations, legal issues, and supply management. Video tapes are easily adaptable to individual or group presentations. Publications include: textbooks, workbooks, the TECHnotes series, with subject matter covering purchasing topics plus general business information. These professional development resources accommodate your unique schedule and pace, and ISM members save on all purchases and rentals.
- Annual International Supply Management Conference and Educational Exhibit
Network with 2000 peers at the only international conference devoted exclusively to purchasing and supply management. Examine emerging trends and challenges during comprehensive workshops conducted by your peers. Workshop presenters are selected as a result of ISM's "Call for Presentations." The conference attracts distinguished speakers to discuss current national and international issues and features several sessions highlighted by prominent corporate leaders. Members receive significant savings on registration fees.
- The Journal of Supply Chain Management
The nation's first scholarly journal devoted exclusively to purchasing and materials management research and development. New members receive more than one-half off the 1 year subscription rate.
- Recognition and Awards
Earn recognition when you are rewarded for exemplary service to ISM and the profession at large. The J. Shipman Gold Medal, established in 1931, is the purchasing profession's highest honor; other awards are given to ISM members for outstanding performance in the categories of Education/Learning, Innovation / Creativity, Leadership, Marketing / Communication and Volunteerism.
- ISM Knowledge Center
Members can enroll in a free course on cost/price analysis, or take one of the growing number of other self-directed online courses and earn Continuing Education Hours toward recertification.
Membership Info & Options
Who Can Join ISM?
- Anyone involved in the purchasing or materials process, including without limitation, purchasing, purchasing research, value analysis, inventory control, materials management, supply chain management, or any other activity or function which is related to the purchasing or materials process.
- A full-time teacher of, or researcher into, purchasing or materials management.
- An editor, business manager, or secretary employed by an ISM affiliate.
- An undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full time in an accredited college or university.
Membership in ISM shall be open to the following:
- A person who is involved in the purchasing or materials process, including without limitation, purchasing, purchasing research, value analysis, inventory control, materials management, supply chain management, or any other activity or function which is related to the purchasing or materials process.
- An editor, secretary, or business manager employed by an Affiliated Association.
- A person with a full-time appointment as a teacher, research specialist, department head, director or dean of a college, university, or other academic institution whose academic responsibility includes purchasing management or materials management or other related fields or subjects. You may qualify for dues free status.
- A regular member whose dues are currently paid on a continuous basis who is unemployed shall continue to be eligible for membership.
- A regular member whose dues are currently paid on a continuous basis who retires shall continue to be eligible for membership.
- An undergraduate or graduate student enrolled full time in an accredited community college or four-year college or university. You may qualify for dues free status if you meet the requirements and can provide the requested documentation.
- A person who is engaged in the business of providing consulting services primarily in the field of purchasing management and materials management on condition that such person does not solicit members of an affiliated association for consulting engagements.
In principle and in practice, the Institute for Supply Management values and seeks a diverse membership. Individual viewpoints and contributions are pursued and respected. There are no barriers to full participation in ISM on the basis of ethnic background, gender, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. For ISM, diversity is valuing and respecting individual strengths, viewpoints and contributions. Diversity is viewed as a positive asset in ISM's growth and success. The association will value and embrace diversity in the membership. It is the policy of ISM not to be affiliated with an association which fails to adhere to the provisions of this statement of policy.
Categories of Membership
Option 1: Regular membership includes national membership and membership in the local affiliated associations. You receive the full value of membership both locally and nationally.
Option 2: Direct National Membership includes membership in the national association only. Membership in the local affiliate, local networking opportunities, and other local benefits are not included.
Option 3: The Regular Membership Volume Discount Program provides dues discounts to companies with 50 or more purchasing employees as members. For more information on the Volume Discount Program, please e-mail Rob Palmer at ISM, call 800/888-6276, extension 3111, or write to:
ISM - Volume Discount Program
P.O. Box 22160
Tempe, AZ 85285-2160